Leadership Experience for Newton School Commitee
Margie is an independent thinker and creative problem solver with experience
leading organizations through change under significant financial strain.
has many commonalities with health care, and a lot can be learned from my work with hospitals, doctors, nurse unions and
patients. By focusing on our children, we can bring together parents, teachers, and our community and set priorities that
will put us on track for short and long term achievement.
- We can also learn a lot from the communities around us. Your input, along with experts in and out of Newton, will
be critical to help me devise solutions that will work uniquely for the Newton Public Schools.
20 Years as a Business Executive, Consultant, and Reformer
- Owner/President of Enzyme, Inc.,a business consultancy
for doctors, hospitals and biotech companies desiring strategic planning, change management, performance improvement
and communications initiatives.
- Ran a multi-million dollar
healthcare business including managerial oversight and bottom
line accountability for programs which included negotiation for innovative compensation and pay-for-performance
contracts with physicians.
- Policy Advisor on National Health
Reform in the Clinton White House where she focused on health and benefits restructuring, quality improvement, and
new system reorganization.
- Johns Hopkins University-
Masters Degree in Health Policy and Management
- Lehigh University-
Bachelor's Degree in Biology and French
Community and Board Leadership
- Chairman of the Board of a Newton community non-profit
after school program teaching children in Kindergarten through 7th grades.
- We successfully recruited a new executive director and set expectations for program expansion and
improvement. The school is now at capacity and financially healthy despite the economy.
- Board of Overseers and founding member of the Board Leadership Council for
a College headquartered in Newton, MA offering undergraduate through advanced graduate degrees including on-line
- Founding member of the Board
Leadership Council of the Kenneth B. Schwartz Center, a national non-profit organization committed to preserving
compassion in healthcare and improving the relationship between caregivers and patients.
Active Parent at Memorial-Spaulding School
- I and my husband, Adam, a Newton native,
chose to raise our family in Newton because of our neighborhood schools and in order to be close to our family and childhood
- We have one son at Oak Hill Middle School (Noah-
7th grade) and two children at Memorial-Spaulding (Jacob-4th grade and Zack-1st grade)
- I have served on Memorial Spaulding School Council and led our
school community in a coalition to advocate for smaller class size and a focus on school performance measurement and improvement
enjoy family outdoor activities including hiking, biking, and playing any number of sports with our three active